BODY represents the instrument of action, authentic self, and knowledge.
SPACE represents freedom and boundaries, inner-outer space inside and outside the body.
MOVEMENT represents the connections, meeting points, creativity
- Want to deepen your knowledge about yourself and your body.
- Are working with the body, movement in various fields.
- Like to learn through experiential learning
During the workshop you will:
- Use different resources to investigate the body (anatomy, biomechanics, bodywork, meditation, contact improvisation, A.Boal games, reading "The Axis Syllabus" Human movement lexicon (F. Faust), "The Thinking Body" (M.E.Todd) books.
- Reflect using group work methods (World Cafe, Circle, AI Triads).
- Move, dance, play, and improvise individually in pairs and in groups.
- Create and perform
Testimonials about workshop
'' It's like to dance when no one sees it. When I was a child, I felt pleasure to move free. I felt the same pleasure in the "Thinking Body" workshop.
I revealed that for me it is difficult to follow the leading person in the contact, although I was thinking I am an easily adaptive person. Interesting things about myself I learned through dance, through the "Thinking Body" workshop. Thank you.
Mantas Gancevičius (Furniture-maker)
"It is important to understand how the body works, how it affects the senses, how our feelings are communicating with the body, how they condense in the body and complicate it, as our sorrows, and disappointments turn into body cramps, as the feeling of love drops subjective kilograms from the body :) I was in the workshop about the evolution of the spine. It seems we have researched only that part of my skeleton, but in my reflection, I understood how my spine is related to my own inner axis, balance, with the ability to sustain all kinds of experiences and not to break, not to collapse. I liked it, and I got a psychological astonishment - perception. Such learning is really interesting and really about my body."
Irena Voinič (Psychologist)
"I like to learn about body and movement. I understand my body and movement better now. Workshop knowledge helped me in dancing and doing other physical activities. The workshop was authentic for me"
Algimantas Stancelis (Agile Coach. Lindyhop dancer)
"I am happy to create conditions for learning. Especially for learning from most authentic teacher- our own body.
For me learning is fruitful when everyone becomes a teacher in a learning process."
drawings Ieva Ginkeviciute